A New Beginning!


I'm David, a Nigerian.
In my late 20s, married without children, once a Lagosian, finished from one of the first and top five universities in Nigeria.
Many will argue otherwise but being a Nigerian has had to do with majority of how my life has turned out to be, almost meaningless, just existing but not really living.
And having come to the end of the road, having no job, no money, no hope, nothing working out for me, and seemingly no talents or skills I can harness or monetize, instead of suicide or much self pity, I have decided to fall back on the one thing I've always known I'm good in, writing.
I've always been a reader, a wide and prodigious reader, ever since I remember, and it's said when you read you must write, a river has to have an outlet, otherwise it becomes dead and stagnant. Being a reader, I eventually became a writer and a poet, writing short stories and poems.
But as is wont life happened, facing college, studies and life, all that passed away. Only now I'm at rock bottom, bearing the weight of the world on me did it come back to me that writing is the only thing I have and have always had, hence I've decided to go back to it, which brings about this blog, my blog; David, the Nigerian Atlas, here I will chronicle my life, however short, uneventful or whatever it will turn out to be, it will be a personal diary too, a space for my rantings and frustrations. The battles I face are the battles everyday Nigerians face, we who don't have any hope, any succour, from man, the government or from God.
My next post will begin with my life from childhood as a Nigerian child living in Nigeria, and continually progress up to the point I am at today.
D.N.A
P.S.
Atlas for those not in the know, comes from the Greek mythology of Atlas sentenced to bearing the weight of the heavens on him.

Comments

  1. You're a great example to others. Your creative potential seems limitless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My experience trying to join the Nigerian Army

How I lost my religion (as a Nigerian)

A tale of suicide and a failed country