An Atlas is born contd.


Having made little or no progress in the four years since finishing college and carrying out my national youth service, one or some could argue that I've been lazy, haven't hustled hard enough in Nigerian parlance, or as a Nigerian president said, that we the youths are mainly lazy lol. Well let's put all these possibilities to the test.
   My first question is that, for one who is neither lazy or don't want to work, what do I work on, who will give you a chance or the help needed, financially or whatever else otherwise in a country such as Nigeria, where it is a dog eat dog situation, all man for himself and maybe his family too, all as a result of the hardship, poverty, and economic uncertainty prevalent in Nigeria.
   We can't all certainly become entrepreneurs and I for one I've been through that route, how do you run a business when you've no money, can't get a loan either from the banks or individuals, atleast without some hefty and shocking interests or requirements, unfavorable and unstable government policies, lol, I'm neither an accountant or a wolf on wall street, so what do I know, I could be wrong though.
  One could even wonder though that but if I'm saying I've barely made progress since four years of finishing college, then howda heck did I get married, well that still leaves us on the road to seeing if I've been lazy or I've not hustled hard enough.
  After college like any normal youth with big dreams I had a set target, what I wanted to achieve, when, how and why. I had three goals, search for a job, become an entrepreneur as I've once done and enjoyed or join the military for it's life changing experience and skills one could gather.
At the moment I've sent out more than 800 applications all in my field and other fields in which I'm qualified for, had a number of interviews, yet nothing. Applied for a number of government vacancies didn't even make an inch of progress in them, maybe I'm lazy or not qualified or good enough or maybe due to the nepotism and corruption endemic in Nigeria, but who knows.
Applied to join the military thrice, didn't work out as I had no contacts nor connections.

Running a business too didn't work out due to having no funds for that.
  Then Bitcoin and other cryptos happened, made a little fortune on it, got married to the love of my life, who had been my best friend since college, then the burst, lost almost all my funds still in Bitcoin and other cryptos.
Tried freelancing online, but Nigerians and my particular skill set are not really a hit.
Tried learning programming, got passed HTML and CSS, got stucked in JavaScript and having no computer or mentors on hand, gave up after a while.
Tried making a business out of punting, lost quite a bit of money and away I ran.
Tried online binary options trading lost quite a bit of money too and gave up.
All the while surviving on savings, which also had also run out at this point. Thankfully my wife has a little business/job doing to support financially and we also have an agreement about having no children until things get much better.
But at this point I'm at rock bottom, which takes us back to the beginning, coming back to writing and having my own blog, the only things I have left at this point.

D.N.A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My experience trying to join the Nigerian Army

How I lost my religion (as a Nigerian)

A tale of suicide and a failed country